Save the Date...Valentine's Disco!
When: Friday, 14th February 2020
Where: Parish Hall
Junior & Senior Infants: 5pm - 6pm
1st - 6th Class: 6pm - 8pm
Annual General Meeting
Please note that the AGM for parents will take place on Thursday 28th November at 7pm in the school prefab.
New Parents Council
In November 2019, a new Parents Council was established. A warm welcome on board to Roisin Byrne, Fergal Mawe, Kate Pettigrew and Deirdre Rohan.
Role of a Parents Association
- The Parents Association is the structure through which parents/guardians in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children.
- The Education Act, 1998 sets down the role of the parent association.
- The Parent Association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership of home and school.
- Educational research on the involvement of parents in schools shows that children achieve higher levels when parents and teachers work together.
- The Parent Association can advise the principal and Board of Management on policy issues and incidents that may require a review of school policy, e.g. Bullying, Safety, Homework, Enrolment, Behaviour problems etc.
- Parent Associations can suggest and/or organise extra-curricular activities.
- The Parent Association is a support for parents in the school.
- The Parent Association can invite speakers to address the parents on issues which are topical or relevant.
- The Parent Association is not a forum for complaint against either an individual teacher or parent. The Complaints Procedure is the mechanism for this.